Cardiovascular Heart Health
St. Mark’s Hospital offers a wide range of specialty cardiovascular services for adult patients with cardiac conditions that affect their heart and blood vessels. From testing and treatment to prevention and rehabilitation, our experienced and highly skilled staff is trained to take care of the unique needs of heart and vascular patients - and their families in Salt Lake County.
St. Mark's Hospital's comprehensive program offers proven and innovative therapies for these heart and vascular conditions and more:
- Coronary heart disease
- Heart failure
- Irregular heartbeats or arrhythmias
- Heart attack and chest pain
- Structural or congenital heart defects
- Heart valve disease and disorders
- Vascular disease
The Faster. The Better.
When it comes to cardiac care, particularly during a heart attack, time and expertise matter. It’s one thing to say that you’re better, but it’s another altogether to demonstrate it, day after day, with each and every patient. St. Mark’s Hospital’s delivery of high-quality care is consistent, as proven by the quality performance and recognition we receive year after year.
- Top 50 Cardiovascular Hospital (Thomson Reuters, 2012)
- Top 15% in the nation for Heart Failure Treatment, five years in a row (HealthGrades, 2008-2012)
- Top 15% in the nation for Valve Replacement Surgery (HealthGrades, 2011-2012)
- Average door-to-balloon time is 61 minutes, which is well below the national standard of 90 minutes. This refers to the elapsed time from when a heart attack patient hits the door of the ER to when the catheter guide wire is inserted in the cath lab. The faster a heart attack patient receives care, the better the outcomes for the patient.
Emergency pre-hospital 12-lead EKG technology allows first responders to transmit patient's heart activity while in transit to St. Mark's Hospital. The ER staff is better equipped with a treatment plan ready and a medical team assembled before the patient even arrives.