Breast Care Services at the Women’s Diagnostic Center
1 in 8 American Women will be diagnosed with Breast Cancer
St. Mark's Hospital Women's Diagnostic Center Staff, 2012
With early detection through mammography and self-examination, breast cancer and other breast diseases can be successfully treated. Take the first step toward a life-long breast health program and schedule an appointment for your mammogram today. Pre-register or schedule your mammogram online or by calling 801.268.7900.
Our breast care services are provided in a pleasant, private setting with a staff of nurses, technologists and counselors committed to professional, thorough and compassionate care. The St. Mark’s Women’s Diagnostic Center is a designated Breast Imaging Center of Excellence and offers an American College of Radiology (ACR) accredited program with the following breast care services:
- State-of-the-art digital mammography services
- Breast Ultrasounds
- Breast ultrasound biopsies & Stereotactic breast biopsies
The Women’s Diagnostic Center also offers:
- Thorough instructions and guidelines for performing self breast exams
- Information about risk factors, symptoms and early detection
- Genetic counseling for high-risk patients
- Bone density scans
- Breast cancer support groups
- Physician referrals
- Evening and Saturday appointments
How to Prepare for your Mammogram
- Wear a two-piece outfit.
- Do not apply deodorant, powder or lotion on or around the breast or underarm areas.
- Allow 45 minutes for your visit.
- If you have insurance, bring your card with you. You may also pay with cash, check or credit card.
- A physician order is required if you are receiving a diagnostic mammogram (this is usually ordered if you have lumps or are experiencing pain and/or discharge).
Women’s Diagnostic Center Hours
Monday – Wednesday & Friday, 7 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Thursdays 7 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
Two Saturdays per month, 8 a.m. – Noon
The Women’s Diagnostic Center is located on the first floor of the Women’s Pavilion. You can enter through the Pavilion’s main entrance doors, or take the elevators from the parking garage to the first floor.
Pre-register or schedule your mammogram online or by calling 801.268.7900.