Pastoral Care And Spiritual Support
Spiritual Support You Can Rely On
St. Mark’s Hospital provides pastoral care services for the spiritual and emotional needs of patients and their families in Salt Lake County. We understand how important this support means to individuals and loved ones when facing the news of a new diagnosis, or in dealing with the unknown or anticipation of death, grief and loss.
St. Mark's Hospital Pastoral Care Center
Our hospital chaplains are committed to providing spiritual care for our patients, patient families and hospital staff members. Father Lincoln Ure serves as the Center’s director of pastoral care, supervisor of the Clinical Pastoral Education program, and also serves as a hospital staff chaplain. Under Ure’s supervision, St. Mark’s Hospital is privileged to have two additional staff chaplains, three resident chaplains and three student chaplains to serve the spiritual needs of our hospital community.
The Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) program is accredited by The Association of Clinical Pastoral Education as a Level I and Level II center. The St. Mark’s Hospital CPE program is open to all interested individuals and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, age, faith group, national origin, sexual orientation, or physical disability.
Join Our Chaplain Team
Admission requirements into Level I:
- All interested individuals must submit a completed application at least 3 months prior to the start of the CPE unit for which application is made.
- It is a requirement that all applicants have graduated from high school or obtained GED, or have been ordained by a faith community or commissioned to function in ministry by an appropriate religious authority
- Upon receipt and review of application materials, an interview with the CPE Supervisor may be requested.
- If accepted into the program, you will be notified in writing.
- Prospective student will, in return, submit a letter of acceptance to join the program along with a non-refundable fee of $100 which will be applied toward the individual’s tuition for the unit they have been accepted into.
Admission requirements into Level II:
- All acceptance requirements for Level I must be met.
- Have successfully completed one unit of CPE Level I.
- Participated in a readiness consultation meeting with the CPE Supervisor.
- Assume responsibility for and made an affirmative appearance at a Level II CPE Consultation.
How To Apply
- Dowload the St. Mark’s Hospital chaplain application or call 801.268.7292.
- Submit applications via email heremailto:Terri.Fitzsimmons@mountainstarhealth.com
Or mail application materials to: St. Mark’s Hospital, c/o Pastoral Care Department, 1200 East 3900 South, Suite 470, Salt Lake City, UT 84124