Women’s Diagnostic Center Hours
To provide an exceptional level of care for women's services with compassion and sensitivity.
Mon - Fri: 7:00am - 4:00pm
Two Saturdays per Month: 8:00am - 12:00pm
The Women’s Diagnostic Center is located on the first floor of the Women’s Pavilion. You can enter through the Pavilion’s main entrance doors, or take the elevators from the parking garage to the first floor.
Millcreek Imaging Hours
3738 South 900 East
Salt Lake City, Utah 84105
Mon - Fri: 8:00am - 4:30pm
1 in 8 American Women will be diagnosed with Breast Cancer
With early detection through mammography and self-examination, breast cancer and other breast diseases can be successfully treated. Take the first step toward a life-long breast health program and schedule an appointment for your mammogram today.
Pre-register or schedule your mammogram online or by calling (801) 268-7900.
Our breast care services are provided in a pleasant, private setting with a staff of nurses, technologists and counselors committed to professional, thorough and compassionate care. The St. Mark’s Women’s Diagnostic Center offers an American College of Radiology (ACR) accredited program with the following breast care services:
- State-of-the-art 3D Mammography services (Tomography)
- Breast Ultrasounds
- Breast ultrasound biopsies & Stereotactic breast biopsies
Consider scheduling a Breast Risk Assessment (BRA) appointment to create a personalized breast cancer screening plan.
The Women's Diagnostic Center also offers:
- Information about risk factors, symptoms and early detection
- Genetic counseling for high-risk patients
- Bone density scans
- Breast cancer support groups
- Physician referrals
- Evening and Saturday appointments
How to Prepare for Your Mammogram
During a mammogram, a female imaging technician will position your breasts on the imaging equipment. You and the technician are the only ones in the room during the mammogram.
To get a high-quality picture, the breast must be somewhat compressed. To accomplish this, the imaging technician places the breast on the mammogram equipment. The mammogram compresses the breast for a few seconds while an image is taken.
The whole procedure takes about 15 minutes, but the actual breast compression only lasts a few seconds. You may feel some discomfort when your breasts are compressed.
- Wear a two-piece outfit.
- Do not apply deodorant, powder or lotion on or around the breast or underarm areas.
- For a regular screening mammogram, please allow 20 minutes for your visit.
- For a Breast Risk Assessment appointment, please allow 45 minutes for your visit.
- For a pelvic ultrasound, please allow 45 minutes for your appointment.
- If you have insurance, bring your card with you. You may also pay with cash, check or credit card.
- A physician order is required if you are receiving a diagnostic mammogram (this is usually ordered if you have lumps or are experiencing pain and/or discharge).