Dear Community Members:
As Utah's first hospital, St. Mark's Hospital has been keeping the community healthy since 1872.
This Report to the Community is meant to communicate the successes and contributions of the Hospital, with an emphasis on transparency and commitment, to the community we serve.
St. Mark's Hospital enjoys an outstanding reputation due in large measure to the high quality of its staff and volunteers. Their efforts have great impact on this superb reputation, as reflected in several prestigious national awards our Hospital has recently received, including:
- Only hospital in Utah named among America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Coronary Intervention™ (Healthgrades 2017)
- Named among the Top 10 percent in the nation for Coronary Intervention Procedures for two consecutive years (Healthgrades 2016, 2017)
- Atrial Fibrillation, Chest Pain and Heart Failure Accreditations (ACC Accreditation Services 2016)
- Only hospital in Utah listed among the 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals® nationwide (Truven Analytics 2015)
- Achieved the Get With The Guidelines® - Stroke Gold Plus Award (American Heart and Stroke Association 2014 - 2017)
- Designated Blue Distinction Center+ for Cardiac Care and Maternity Care (BlueCross BlueShield Association)
- Ranked #6 among the Best Hospitals in Utah (U.S. News and World Report 2014)
- Accredited Chest Pain Center (ACC Accreditation Services)
- Verified as a Primary Stroke Center by the Utah Department of Health
Choosing a physician and hospital are some of the most important decisions people can ever make. As Utah’s first hospital, St. Mark’s has been the hospital of choice for thousands of area residents since 1872. In many ways, St. Mark’s Hospital is “Utah‘s Finest Hospital.”
Our focus is providing quality service to every patient and family with whom we interact. We also invest prudently in needed equipment, technology and facilities to provide superior services. We invite you to visit St. Mark’s Hospital for your healthcare needs if you are not already a current patient, and hope you continue to if you are already a patient.
It is our pleasure to continue serving our community.
Chief Executive Officer