Greetings, Potential Volunteer!
Thank you for willingness to give of your time and talents in supporting our mission at St. Mark’s Hospital. We have some great volunteer opportunities, as well as a wonderful staff to work with.
We are looking for volunteers who are good examples of our vision: Enthusiastic, Dedicated Volunteers Committed to Providing Exceptional Service.
- Appointment: Once you have completed the application, please call 801-268-7593 to set-up an interview appointment where we can discuss available opportunities and decide what will best meet our mutual needs. Remember to bring your completed application and valid driver’s license with you to the interview. Please don’t mail it or drop it off before the interview.
- Commitment: Because of the amount of orientation and training involved, we request a minimum 6-month/100-hour commitment (approximately one 4-hour shift per week for six months) from our new volunteers. Regular attendance is essential (minimum 75 percent average).
- Background Check: St. Mark’s Hospital requires a background check for all prospective volunteers. Necessary paperwork will be completed at your interview appointment. Your background check must clear before we can schedule you for Volunteer Orientation (may take 5-9 days).
- Orientation to Volunteer Services: This provides more specific volunteer information and an introduction to your assigned area. It takes approximately 1 hour. You need to finish all written safety tests and written requirements, given to you at the interview, before attending.
- Required Code of Conduct Online Class: This class is required by HCA of employees and volunteers. You are required to attend before you start your volunteer time in your area. (Within 30 days upon hire)
- General Health Review: Each new volunteer must complete 1- tuberculosis (TB) test and meet with the Employee Health Nurse to complete a general health questionnaire and provide current vaccination information. Annual flu vaccinations are required (available free at the hospital) for all volunteers.
- Shifts: Volunteer shifts are typically scheduled from 8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. (morning), 12:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. (afternoon), and 4:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. (evening).
Candidates for volunteer opportunities should be at least 18 years of age. Junior Volunteer applicants (16-17 years of age) may be considered if appropriate opportunities are available; additional paperwork is needed such as letters of recommendation, parental permission, etc. You will receive those items at the interview.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call me at 801-268-7593.
Director, Volunteer Services