On Monday, December 12, the first cases of Transcatheter Mitral Value Repair (TMVR) using the MitraClip® technology were performed at St. Mark’s Hospital by Dr. Vamsee M. Yaganti, medical director of our structural heart program, and Dr. J. Kent Thorne, cardiovascular surgeon, with imaging by Dr. Sally D. Sharp. Since that date, two more cases have been performed, all with excellent results attributed to effective communication in the procedure room, imaging quality, staff training and preparedness and the acumen of the implanting team.
- DEA Changes Rules for Renewal
- PACS Scheduled Downtime: February 16
- Level II Trauma Site Visit: February 15 - 16
- Thromboelastography (TEG) Available
- Milestones: 1st MitraClip® Cases
- What's New in Epic?
- Seeking Higher Use of ePrescribing
- From Medical Executive Committee
- 2016 Physician Engagement Survey
- Better Patient Safety by Reducing VTE
- Save the Date: Upcoming General Medical Staff Meetings
- New Medical Staff Appointments Since December 1, 2016
- Retirements/Resignations Since December 1, 2016