St. Mark's Hospital - February 12, 2017
In response to your requests, the following enhancements have been implemented in Epic:
- Stroke Alert Order Set: Updated to reflect current guidelines (access order set by typing 'Stroke Alert' or 'Purple' into the search box).
- Prior Admission Date in Header: If patient has been admitted within the past 30 days, the date of the prior admission will appear in the header.
- Infection/Isolation Best Practice Alert (BPA): Updated to allow more accurate response options
- Medication Reconciliation: Meds that have not been reviewed will be highlighted in yellow to make them stand out
- Fever/Antibiotic Report: Has been defaulted into the Patient Summary Reports for Anesthesiologists
- Statin Prescribing Quality Measure for LDL: Reason for not prescribing a statin at discharge for appropriate patients has been updated to reflect LDL < 70 mg/dL (instead of <100 mg/dL)
- Imaging Contrast Order Sets: Updated for Radiology staff
- DEA Changes Rules for Renewal
- PACS Scheduled Downtime: February 16
- Level II Trauma Site Visit: February 15 - 16
- Thromboelastography (TEG) Available
- Milestones: 1st MitraClip® Cases
- What's New in Epic?
- Seeking Higher Use of ePrescribing
- From Medical Executive Committee
- 2016 Physician Engagement Survey
- Better Patient Safety by Reducing VTE
- Save the Date: Upcoming General Medical Staff Meetings
- New Medical Staff Appointments Since December 1, 2016
- Retirements/Resignations Since December 1, 2016