You, as a member of the Medical Staff can collaborate in infection prevention by:
- Strict attention to hand hygiene when entering and exiting every patient room.
- Use of ChloraPrep (chlorhexidine / alcohol) prep for surgical procedures, instead of povidone iodine (Betadyne), because ChloraPrep results in the most sustained reduction of skin organisms.
- Timely pre-operative ordering of MRSA/MSSA screening.
- Minimizing unnecessary people traffic in operating rooms.
- Using surgical antibiotic prophylaxis best practices for antibiotic spectrum and duration.
Hospital staff can collaborate in infection prevention by:
- Strict attention to standards of equipment disinfection, with particular attention to endoscopes.
- Replacing colored tape identification of surgical instruments with dipped plastic identification.
- Strict attention to standard handwashing methods on entry and exit from any patient room.
- Minimizing touch of surfaces in empty patient rooms that have been previously cleaned.
Covering all garbage bins in infection-sensitive areas, such as operating rooms, and during transport through the hospital.
- Patient Safety Director Appointed
- End-Tidal CO2 for PCA Monitoring
- Oxygen Weaning Protocol
- Adding MSSA Pre-Operative Screening
- Remarkable Handwashing Training
- Assault on Central Line Infections
- Reducing Catheter-Associated UTI
- War on Clostridia Difficile
- We Need Your Help to Prevent Infection
- Antibiotic Stewardship
- BioFire Respiratory Panel Available
- From the Medical Executive Committee
- PICC Line / Mid-Line Team
- Voices Heard / Improvements Made
- Advanced Practice Professionals in OR
- VTE Reduction in Hip & Knee Program
- New Medical Staff Appointments
- Retirements / Resignations