We need your clinical expertise to complete medical record documentation to support your own billing and hospital billing. Thanks to all of you who are responding quickly to queries.
It is important to respond as soon as possible to queries that you receive through Epic from CDI (Clinical Documentation Initiative). Your response to these queries is critical to accurately coding a medical record for billing purposes. The hospital holds bills until all such queries are resolved.
When you receive a misdirected query, please respond quickly, explaining why you are not the appropriate person and recommending the appropriate person to whom the query would be more appropriate. Your rapid response will improve our ability to accomplish timely completion of our medical record documentation.
- Steve Bateman retires as CEO
- Enhanced Surgical Recovery (ESR)
- Text Messaging Patient Information
- Procedural Sedation - Renewal Exam
- Physician Parking – Avoid the Boot!
- Grapevine Requests for Physicians
- Responding to CDI Queries
- Medical Executive Committee
- EDEN Links Added to Grapevine
- Medical Staff Portal
- Voices Heard / Improvements Made
- St. Mark’s Recycles
- Epic Improvements in Process
- Environment of Care Improvements
- Research at St. Mark’s
- Utah Life with Dignity Order - POLST
- Clostridia difficile testing changes
- Xenex UV Disinfection vs. C difficile
- Target Pre-Op Vancomycin
- Observer & Students – Clarified
- Malignant Hyperthermia Drills Planned
- Always Prepared – Joint Commission
- New Medical Staff Appointments
- New Advanced Practice Professionals