Dr. Camille Collette, family medicine residency preceptor, presented a project in which she is engaging, as part of her master of public health program, with the purpose of making patient end-of-life preferences more available to hospital clinical staff and to emergency medical services personnel. Her hopes are to create one click access to POLST information in Epic.
A POLST form is a physician order, executable by our emergency medical services. A living will (advanced directive) provides direction to health care professionals, but is not a physician order. The POLST form is intended to be reviewed annually.
The POLST form for Utah can be found at http://health.utah.gov/hflcra/forms.php.
Dr. Collette is working to provide education to house staff and interested medical staff.
- Steve Bateman retires as CEO
- Enhanced Surgical Recovery (ESR)
- Text Messaging Patient Information
- Procedural Sedation - Renewal Exam
- Physician Parking – Avoid the Boot!
- Grapevine Requests for Physicians
- Responding to CDI Queries
- Medical Executive Committee
- EDEN Links Added to Grapevine
- Medical Staff Portal
- Voices Heard / Improvements Made
- St. Mark’s Recycles
- Epic Improvements in Process
- Environment of Care Improvements
- Research at St. Mark’s
- Utah Life with Dignity Order - POLST
- Clostridia difficile testing changes
- Xenex UV Disinfection vs. C difficile
- Target Pre-Op Vancomycin
- Observer & Students – Clarified
- Malignant Hyperthermia Drills Planned
- Always Prepared – Joint Commission
- New Medical Staff Appointments
- New Advanced Practice Professionals