Richard B Mackey, MDOrthopaedic Surgery
Born in Salt Lake City and raised outside of St. Louis, Dr. Mackey specializes in hand procedures, including fracture care and complex issues of the elbow, wrist and hand. He has extensive experience in nerve-related problems and reconstruction of the upper extremity.
Dr. Mackey originally pursued a career in research medicine, before realizing he was passionate about direct patient care. He believes this physician-patient interaction is the keystone of the healthcare industry and that treatment should be a shared decision making process. He encourages non-operative treatment when available and is very grateful and honored for the trust patients bestow in him.
Dr. Mackey enjoys playing in the outdoors with his family, especially enjoying the greatest snow on earth. He has three rapidly growing children and a wonderful wife who he met during medical school.
- Surgery of the Hand - Board Certified
- Orthopaedic Surgery - Primary - Board Certified
- Gender: Male
- Undergraduate Degree: University of Virginia - 1997
- Undergraduate Degree: Washington University - 2000
- Graduate Degree: Tulane University - 2004
- Internship: Washington University - 2005
- Residency: Washington University School of Medicine - 2009
- Fellowship: University of Utah School of Medicine - 2010
- St. Mark's Hospital
- Lone Peak Hospital