St. Mark’s Hospital Pharmacy Residency Program
Our Postgraduate Year One (PGY1) Pharmacy Practice Residency is a 12-month program offered to two residents at St. Mark’s in Salt Lake City, Utah. It is designed to provide the resident with the knowledge and experience required to face today’s complex health care demands and the necessary skills to meet future practice challenges. Graduates of this program will be confident, self-directed learners who have acquired the leadership, teaching and professional skills needed to excel in diverse practice environments.
St. Mark's Pharmacy Department is affiliated with the University of Utah College of Pharmacy and Roseman University College of Pharmacy.
- Inpatient Family Medicine
- Critical Care
- Central Patient Care
- Infectious Disease
- Transitions of Care
Other Professional Development Projects:
- Teaching Certificate Program affiliated with Roseman University College of Pharmacy
- Poster presentation at ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting
- Complete a longitudinal project with presentation at a regional residency conference
- Provide one-hour of continuing education for pharmacists or other health care practitioners
- Journal club presentations to pharmacy staff
- Present to family practice medical resident's noon conference
- Serve as preceptor to pharmacy students from Roseman University and the University of Utah
- Staffing requirement at least 4 shifts in a four-week scheduling period, one major holiday and one minor holiday
St. Mark's Hospital offers a competitive annual stipend, 401K contribution, paid time off, sick leave and vacation. Residents will also be offered dental, life and medical insurance. Approved travel expenses for attending ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting are covered by St. Mark's per travel and reimbursement policies. Residents will also attend Mountain States Conference at the University of Utah.