For more information, please call (801) 212-5921.
Bariatric or weight loss surgery can benefit many people who have tried unsuccessfully to lose weight through other methods.
You may be a good candidate for weight loss surgery if:
- You are 75-100 pounds or more over your healthy (ideal) body weight.
- You have a BMI of 40 or more, or you have a BMI of 35 or more and have serious health problems, such as diabetes or heart disease caused by excess weight
- You have tried other medically managed weight-loss programs without success.
- You are motivated and committed to the lifelong post-operative care and lifestyle changes that bariatric surgery involves.
Individuals may not be eligible for bariatric surgery if they have the following conditions:
- Ongoing drug or alcohol addiction
- Uncontrolled mental illness
- Significant eating disorder
- Unwillingness to comply with the necessary guidelines following bariatric surgery
Those who have years of sobriety or are in treatment for psychological issues may still be considered as surgery candidates at the discretion of the surgeon.
Do You Qualify for Surgery?- Video 6
Am I Eligible For Bariatric Surgery?