Need more information about delivering at St. Mark's Hospital?Call (801) 743-6540
Your Birthing Experience. Your Way.
At St. Mark’s, we focus on family. We know your child’s birth is a precious one. Maybe you want it to be something you share quietly with your partner, or maybe you’d rather have your loved ones gather around you in joyful celebration. We respect your decision and give you many options when it comes to bringing your baby into the world.
We have a staff of experienced specialists, including obstetricians, certified nurse midwives, nurses, in-house anesthesiologists, and certified lactation specialists that are all available to help you based on your personal birthing plan. However you decide to deliver, you’ll give birth, rest and recover in a spacious, comfortable and beautiful private room.
To schedule a tour, call (855) 849-3365.
We are committed to providing a soothing and home-like atmosphere for you and your family. While you’re staying with us, you will enjoy the following:
- A spacious and private birthing suite is designed to ensure your comfort, complete with furnishings including a birthing bed, sleeper chair, and rocking chair.
- Internet access and TV/DVD will have you feeling right at home.
- You and your baby will rest and recover together in your room.
- Medical equipment that might be necessary during your birth is available and close at hand.
- Our state-of-the-art infant security system (HUGS) will protect your baby throughout your hospital stay.
- Fifteen LDR Rooms/two C-Section Rooms
- Maternal Fetal Medicine
- Supportive of Birthing Plans, Hydrotherapy and Certified Nurse Midwives
- Promote Skin-to-Skin Opportunities during the "Golden Hour"
- Lactation Specialist Available
- Childbirth Education/Tours
In the case of needed critical support for your newborn, we have the latest technology in our Newborn Intensive Care Unit (NICU).
Labor & Delivery Emergency Services
In November 2010, St. Mark’s Hospital became the first hospital in Utah to offer an Obstetrical Hospitalist program. An OB Hospitalist is a physician who specializes solely in caring for patients who are hospitalized or have a pregnancy-related emergency. With this added service, a board-certified obstetrician is on-site 24/7 to handle emergencies. For more information on Labor & Delivery Emergency Services, call (801) 743-6540.
To register for a childbirth class, call (801) 268-7940 or register online.